- 12 ounces thinly sliced skirt steak (rubbed with Old Bay)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 1 minced red bell pepper
- 8 ounces provolone cheese
- 2 ounces Fromage Frais (available at Charleston Cheese House) – Substitute cream cheese if necessary
- 2 ounces milk
- 1 baguette
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Season your rubbed steak with salt and pepper.
- Add steak, onions, garlic and bell pepper to the pan. Sauté until the steak is cooked and the vegetables are soft, breaking apart meat with spatula if necessary.
- Add milk to the pan and stir in the Fromage Frais (or cream cheese) until melted.
- Add provolone cheese until melted.
- Slice baguette into crostinis and toast.
- Serve dip warm with crostinis.