Chef Ray England of Tavern & Table
Pimento Cheese Recipe Video
- 12 oz Cream cheese
- 12 oz Pimento or Piquillo peppers
- 1/2 Cup Dukes Mayo
- 1 Lb. Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbl. Hot sauce
- 1 Tbl. Sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. Aleppo pepper or espelette
- 2 Tbl. Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Ras el Hanout
- 1/4 tsp. White or black pepper
- 2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Temper the cream cheese so that it is at room temperature.
- Drain off the cans of peppers and reserve juice for home made hot sauce.
- Rough chop half of the peppers. fine chop the rest into a puree almost
- Grind spices and add everything to a small mixer and mix with a paddle till smooth.